Contributing to KTrax
Contributing to KTrax
Over the years, development and operation of the KTrax site has grown to
more than just a hobbyist project. As of 2020, we therefore kindly
ask you for a moderate financial contribution for processing the
We offer plans for airports (recommended) and aircraft.
We decided to keep access to the range analyser free to support safety
awareness for FLARM installations.
We also offer a free trial for 1 month of the STANDARD plan.
send email to Gerhard with your airfield ID.
You can pay using your credit card using the buttons below. For the
STANDARD and PREMIUM plans, you can also pay via SEPA bank transfer if
send email to Gerhard for details.
Please specify airport name/ID and any callsign(s)
exactly as they appear in the logbook.
Unlimited public records of takeoffs and landings with web access
Logbook tables for airport and all aircraft taking off and
landing on subscribed airport
Correlation of glider takeoffs with tow planes
REST API for integration into own systems (low-frequency querying only)
CSV download (for loading into Excel) and archive
Recording of pilot name/club membership number, optionally password protected ("check-in")
3-click crew check-in using QR code
400 days data retention (Web, REST, CSV) during plan validity
Valid for 1 year plus 1 month
Like STANDARD, but with:
Includes registering up to 5 aircraft as per an aircraft plan for logbook
outside home airfield (please e-mail callsigns).
Hosting of your fleet on the
Fleet Reports page.
Like STANDARD, but limited to 2000 takeoffs and 100 days data retention.
Recommended for small clubs or longer gliding camps.
Like SMALL, but limited to 1000 takeoffs.
Recommended for small clubs with limited instruction, restricted or
winch-only fields, short gliding camps etc.
| EUR 179 (13 months)
|| EUR 279 (13 months)
|| EUR 79 (13 months or 2000 TKOFs)
|| EUR 49 (13 months or 1000 TKOFs)
We strongly recommend choosing a plan
appropriate for the number of takeoffs
you estimate for your airport per year. An aerotow counts
as two takeoffs.
Plans with limited takeoffs run out once the limit is reached.
You can always renew within one month without losing any data.
The aircraft plans below give you access to the web logbook for
a year for a specific callsign, wherever you fly and
as long as you are covered by OGN stations. Data retention
like is like in the STANDARD plan.
These plans are recommended only for private
owners/operators who fly at various airports.
Single seater gliders
Double seater gliders, 1-3 seater GA aircraft, TMG,
Helicopters; 4+ seats except tow planes;
commercial ops (anything requiring a commercial pilot's license)
|16.-- EUR 11.20 / aircraft (13 months)
|32.-- EUR 22.40 / aircraft (13 months)
|50.-- EUR 35.00 / aircraft (13 months)
How to pay using the buttons above (PayPal)
- Please enter airport name/ID or callsign(s)
exactly as they appear in the Logbook.
- For individual aircraft plans, please enter callsign(s)
(not FLARM IDs), e.g.: HB-KWC,D-2781. Select the correct number of
single seaters, double seaters etc.
- The Shopping Cart will open when you press Buy Now.
- Please select 'Check Out' instead of 'Check out with PayPal' to
use your credit card.
Please enter your email address so that PayPal can send you
the payment confirmation. If PayPal asks you to create an account, just
click on 'Not Now'.
Use of contributions
- Provide Logbook, Range analyzer, SAR support etc.
- Operating expenses of the KTrax web site
- Consolidation of code base and development of new features
- Adaptations to the evolving OGN infrastructure
- Bugfixes, improvements
- Phone/email support according to plan
Your contribution is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
- Q: If I sign up, is the access password-protected or public?
- A: Your logbook will be publicly visible. As of 2021,
crew names can be protected by a simple shared password mechanism.
- Q: What happens if an aircraft takes off at a subscribed airfield,
then lands on a non-subscribed one, or vice versa?
- A: If either the takeoff or landing site is subscribed, both
takeoff and landing will be recorded with full data. The 'external'
field must be covered by an OGN station providing data to KTrax for
this to work.
Limitations / Things to remember
- We value customer feedback. Please don't hesitate
if you have any complaints or suggestions!
- The Logbook requires an OGN receiver station at your site.
- Your aircraft must be registered in the
- Supported aircraft types: Gliders, motorgliders, SEP, TMG, jets.
Experimental support for hang gliders as long as they launch from
- Delayed OGN data delivery (sometimes used in competitions)
is not supported.
- Supported tracking devices: All types of FLARM, OGN tracker.
- Service depends on the OGN server network and DDB providing KTrax with
their respective data.
- Please allow 1-2 business days from your payment until activation
of your subscription.
- Your subscription period starts with the activation and lasts
13 months or until the quota is exhausted.
- Logbook, tracking or range analysis data are generally publicly
available. The only exception on KTrax is
crew names, which can be protected by a simple shared password
By using our free or for-fee services, you agree
to our Terms and Conditions