Using the KTrax REST API
- Developers using the
KTrax REST API
including CSV download of logbook entries.
- Developers issuing automated queries to KTrax services.
Please see this PDF file.
As an API users, you're especially welcome to
contribute to KTrax.
Contact us before use
- Please contact us by email to obtain an API key.
- Please provide a description of your application, user base, etc.
If available, provide a link to a draft/production version.
- Only requests with an email contact will be considered.
- If applicable, specify the IP address/server hostname from which
you intend to use the REST API.
- Specify your estimated query frequency (in queries per hour)
and an estimate of the average query result size (in kB) for your app.
Please adhere to the following best practices.
Applications which don't follow these may be suspended at any time.
- Keep your query frequency and result size to the absolute minimum
required by your application.
- Include your API key in every request as a CGI parameter
- For technical reasons, the API key must be the last CGI parameter
at the moment.
- If a query results in an application-level error, do not retry it.
- For other errors, use an appropriate backoff strategy
before retrying. Do not exceed your query frequency estimate even
in case of errors.
- If a query results in a status code of 301 (permanent redirection),
update your links accordingly.
- For automated querying: After a query, wait 5 seconds until the next
query. Do not issue concurrent queries.